3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, what's the highest mileage 3800 powered vehicle have you personally seen, owned, or driven?

Personally, the highest I've taken a 3800 was 265,000mi, on my '96 Park Avenue. This number was stopped short due to a rear end collision that took that car off the road. My current '97 Oldsmobile 88 just turned 230,000mi last weekend. What about you?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Highest mileage I ever heard of was a guy that wanted get another engine.

He posted on this site, and stated that he had 350,000 miles on his current engine. Pretty inpressive. Wonder if he used conventional or synthetic oil.
May even go further on synthetic ....
Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not too extensive.... New valve covers(repaired oil leak), new radiator and fans and hoses, power steering pump, cv axel replacement, all the sensors under hood. It's been sitting in the garage for 7yrs, I really just went thru it. Next is brake kit front and rear and control arm with new bushings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
03 Grand Prix with 236k miles. It still runs strong but i pulled it the first week of Jan because it wouldn't start when it was below 0° which pissed me off. I had another one from a 97 that i crashed laying around with only 130k so i swapped them. Its sitting in my garage taking up space right now if anyone wants it. Anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bonneville with 300k plus. Seen him at the laundromat looking like he needed a jump, I tried jumping it but still no go. I got to checking things for him and found no spark on any coils. Turns out I had a icm sitting in the garage. Slapped it on for him and started right up. Free of charge mechanic work in a parking lot is the best kind.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 03 LS had about 257k miles when a minor accident let to the insurance company paying me too much money for it.
It had original trans, but it was getting pretty sloppy.
Motor ran great, though it used a bit of oil.
I gave it LIM gaskets a while back, though the old ones were still good.
Oh, well - RIP.
The L67 I have for the project car supposedly has about 130k.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what's the highest mileage 3800 powered vehicle have you personally seen, owned, or driven?

Personally, the highest I've taken a 3800 was 265,000mi, on my '96 Park Avenue. This number was stopped short due to a rear end collision that took that car off the road. My current '97 Oldsmobile 88 just turned 230,000mi last weekend. What about you?
My 03 Regal LS had 275k and was running great when it was hit while parked by a drunk driver a few years ago. The insurance company paid me off and it went away on a flatbed. I felt pretty guilty letting it go to such a fate, but I already had a replacement and didn't need it. Otherwise it was an easy fix, fender and hood. Its trans was original but was getting pretty shaky. If I hadn't stumbled into its replacement, I was going to give it new struts and a trans. Poor thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 03 Regal LS had 275k and was running great when it was hit while parked by a drunk driver a few years ago. The insurance company paid me off and it went away on a flatbed. I felt pretty guilty letting it go to such a fate, but I already had a replacement and didn't need it. Otherwise it was an easy fix, fender and hood. Its trans was original but was getting pretty shaky. If I hadn't stumbled into its replacement, I was going to give it new struts and a trans. Poor thing.
(oops, second reply)

·
Registered
1 Posts
03 impala ls with 320k still starts one the first crank. However sad news… a deer hit me tonight while driving back from the grocery store. but on the bright side the impala won and only a busted headlight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts