3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!
I have over 106,000 miles on my 98 camaro. I have never raced it-there mostly straight highway miles. I wanted everyone's opinion on what if anything I can or should do next. First choice-I would like to install a cam if possible. I would like to do it as cheaply as possible-just the cam and springs.
Another choice is go through the ER's-again as little involved as possible like the rockers and maybe the springs. With this much milage is it even feasible? :confused: Like I said, I never raced it (yet! :D ) and I thought these engines could easily last a couple hundred thousand miles.
I guess if nothing else I could just buy the ER's and be done with it. Anyone have any used one's for sale? Hit me up!
Oh, my other mods are a recently installed LSD, SLP lid and Jet Chip Stage 2. Thank you for your time and answers! Ed

·
Registered
128 Posts
My bonne never saw a mod until 80K on the clock and it got a shinny VS camshaft shoved in'r :D

About to trip the 100K mark.. running the times in sig. Take care of it.. use the power wisely, don't beat on the trans... you'll be fine. The motor should run for a LONG time.. the trans is the weak part but dunno if marro's need to worry as much as we do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts