3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum obviuosly...and i own a 92 Grand Prix if you didn't figure that one out either :p, but i also own an 88.
my car domain page is www.cardomain.com/id/bigjakesta

My project car is this 88 (after two weeks of rain)

Yea it's a beater, but i've got plans for it. I bought this car a few months ago ( mid summer) for $200 flat. The ONLY serious damage to it is that corner you see where it looks like it bumped something or someone bumped it. I'm the third owner of the vehicle, but i'll be only the second to actually drive it. The original drove it till it practically died, then the guy i work for bought it for the alternator/battery (they were new, and he bought teh car for 200)
I mainly bought it for the buckets in the back and the DIC to go into my GP (if you look through my cardomain you'll see they are installed :D)
But i happened to come across a couple good deals on an engine, and i'm starting my own photography biz. So i plan on pickin up an L67 here soon. The car has a rebuilt tranny (was rebuilt not even a year ago, and it's been parked for several months).
So i think this'll come out to a good project. This will be my first ever project car, as i'm 16 years old and still in highschool. My dad made a deal with me that we'd find a project car last summer, but he's a truck driver so we never really had time to find one. He had also been telling me for the past four years we'd find a nova or stingray or stang or something to rebuild, but i searched and couldn't ever find anything, and he never bothered to look. Well I ran across a car that i'm familiar with, which is nice since i'll do most/all the work anyway. So i bought the car, and now it's MINE to work on.

Anyway i'll quit the rambling! I'm still learning these supercharged engines and how they work, so if i ask dumb questions please excuse me! I'm very familiar with my engines and getting there with others of my gen (although mines most stable/reliable)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott!
Hopefully here soon i'll be real active in this, i got a good sized income hopefully about to come my way, so i'm aiming to have this swap done over X-mas break

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.