3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people! brand new to this site and was referred here. I drive an old persons car it is a 98 park avenue. I have a question for some of u 3800 people! It has 91,000 and I just bought it and every once in a while, moreso than not, when I hit the gas on the car she wants to hesitate like bog but with no noises just a powerloss. It is dangerous, makes me nervous when the wife pulls out in front of folks. Can anybody tell me whaat could be done to correct this problem? Other than this the car runs great and it seems to me the longer u drive it the less it does it, seems to do more when cold. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, 98 park.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sounds like it is getting too much fuel. could be injectors, I have never had that problem until I had my carb'd Trans am. when you floor it..it wants to bog down and almost stall...then it comes back up and you have power. My carb was flooding. but on a FI car......I have no idea. might be the injectors....just need cleaned..or replaced.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced? It could be plugged after 91000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts