3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on f-bodies, that from Dynomax, you can purchase just the intermediate pipe, which is the pipe that runs from the cat to the muffler. What I was wondering is, does anyone else offer that type of deal for the Grand Prix's? Reason I ask is, I would like to build my own system, using my own mufflers and tips. ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
any exhaust shop should be able to make that for you for a very reasonable price. most ILGPC members have custom made exhaust systems from a local muffler shop.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You could always get your own mandrel bent pieces to weld-up yourself. It's Cheaper than you would think to do. I deal with a local supplier, it cost me $85 total for all the stuff I needed to make my own DP to the mufflers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that's what I'm talking about. I wouldn't take it to any exhaust shops around here, as none are capable of doing mandrel bends, just power robbing crush bends.

I take it you have already built an exhaust for yours? If so, what bends were needed exactly? Do you have a parts list made up from when you did yours?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I needed 2-45 degree bends for the DP (word from the wise 3" is too big for most cars) I was able to free the flange off the old dp, remove all the welds, and it fits perfect on a 3" pipe. I did not use a flex, and it's been crack free for over a year.
The converter to resonator can all be the same size str pipe. To lower reversion, I went from a 3" cat into a smooth reducer to 2 1/2" for a resonator, then back to 3" for the bends. After the resonator, you'll need 2-90 degree bends, a short st pipe, and a 45. You need to make a split, but it's easier to buy the Flowmaster one. Then you need 4-90 degree bends to do the two mufflers. I would say definately go with a resonator AND mufflers if you go to a 3" pipe. It's going to drone and be raspy w/o it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts