3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ssei superhcarged boneville and I was wondering what I have to do to the slp Airbox or another intake to make it fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your best bet is to rig up your own intake. Unless you already have the SLP unit you'll have to figure out how to mod that to work.
Here is what I did, several others have done the same.
Or this is another option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for the help but i am not exactly the best at doing things to cars i drive them i dont fix them so. Is there an easier way such as taking off the stock air filter and just getting a short ram and hooking it up. Thanks again any help is greatly NEEDED.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you are really desperate go buy a cone filter, remove stock air box and put the filter on the end of the tube. Easy as that, but the filter may get beat up a little and it will be sucking in a lot of hot engine air.
If you want to get a true CAI you'll either have to route the filter where there is cold air or make up something to keep the hot engine air away from the filter. Either way you'll have to do a little work, and the only way you learn how to work around a car is to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
heres what ive done so far on mine, without any type of box, or piping outside the engine bay...yet

snow is making it hard to get out and work on it
damn not having a garage

·
Registered
77 Posts
some of the guys in our clug PDXCGP had taken cardboard and made templates and made a clear plexiglas cover over the filter, boxed it into the corner so to speak, works awesome. Just use little tiny metal L brackets from any hardware store.....the idea is to box it into the corner so air gets to it from behind the headlamp and out of the fender hole, then get the extention for your IAT sensor and put it inside the air box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.