3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 bonnevilles, 2000-2002. Both stall while driving.I will just talk about the 2002 since we have been working on that one. I have replaced the crank pos. sensor,ICM, Computer with a flashed to vin# and the mass air. .We replaced the mass air after a weak code was there.After the mass air was replaced it stalled again a mile away like you turn the key off. we got it to act up wiggling wires and cut and regrounded the main 6 -7 wire plug by the waterpump.Thought we had it licked. It stalled again. It starts just enough for the r,s to get up and shuts down.no codes. After we replaced the cps and ICM and computer,it stalled and wouldnt start,and had a mass air code. My mech. cleared the code and it started. Thats when I put a mass air in. It stalled again and we got it started again,then did the grounds. I drove it home and it stalled the next day and will start/stall immediately. HELP

·
Registered
873 Posts
When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter and have you checked fuel pressure?
Is your mechanic charging you for all these misdiagnosed parts and labor?
Sounds like you've spent enough on it to have had the dealer check it out.
What are the codes that you keep clearing?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
My 00 Park Ave Ultra was doing that, mainly on decel, then all off a sudden left my wife stranded.

Fuel Pump. I could NOT see any issues with the fuel pressure or anything in the datalog. The pump was so old and worn it actually seized up. When I took the pump apart the brushes were virtually gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When is the last time you replaced the fuel filter and have you checked fuel pressure?
Is your mechanic charging you for all these misdiagnosed parts and labor?
Sounds like you've spent enough on it to have had the dealer check it out.
What are the codes that you keep clearing?
Im not getting charged more. It never had a code till i replaced the computer ,cps and the ICM. Thinking I have it fixed ,I drive away and it stalls.. We read a mass air code then while it wouldnt start. He then cleared that code and it fired up and ran good.then we replaced the mass air and it ran fine for the ride home and stalled the next morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 00 Park Ave Ultra was doing that, mainly on decel, then all off a sudden left my wife stranded.

Fuel Pump. I could NOT see any issues with the fuel pressure or anything in the datalog. The pump was so old and worn it actually seized up. When I took the pump apart the brushes were virtually gone.
Every time mine stalled ,it was like the key was turned off.. It will start with the turn of the key but only runs a second , Like the fuel rail is not active.. When you turn the key on the fuel pump is active. I have 2 bonnevilles doing the same thing. The first time the 2000 stalled on me ,we put in a new fuel pump and it stalled the same way the next week and that one has been sitting since... My daughters 2002 stalled and that is the one we are trying to figure out now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car will not start or fire now. No crank signal. no spark. We are going to check all the grounds on the right front of the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts