3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

So last summer, I bought a junkyard series 2 supercharged out of a 98 Regal, cleaned it up, and dropped it into my 03 Impala which originally had a 3400. Finally got it running and everything was great, until recently it developed a rod knock. It's gotten worse and worse and is now un-driveable, so looks like I'm going to have to redo it.

On the plus side, I'm thinking I now only need a long block, and I can just swap the parts over. This time I'd like to go with a professionally rebuilt one, since this is my daily driver and I need it to be a bit more reliable. I found this one, but it says it's only up to the 93 models:
12364805 Remanufactured Long Block Engine 231 3.8L Buick LaSabre Regal Riviera | eBay

Are these blocks very different? I'm guessing that they must be, but I can't really seem to find any documentation as to why.

Also, if anyone knows a good place I should be looking for a rebuilt long block, or anywhere that might want my old core, that would be super helpful!

·
Super Moderator
719 Posts
Older version of the 3.8 that's not going to work as easily as a Series 2/3 will. There's plenty of 98+ ones out there once you look around, and anything under 150k should be good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts