3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to tune my car to eek some more power out of it.

I did some scans, running from 60mph-100-110mph. I felt that this was an area where I might've been hurting a bit with my mods. These were my results to sum it up:

KR: 0
IPW: 9.5-10ms
O2 : 915-925
Timing: 15
Ltrims were around +2% - +3% before I did the WOT runs..

Now here is my mods:

ZZP Gen 1 IC w/Stage 2 Rad/Pump
ZZP Machined Intake to match IC
3.0 Pulley
ZZP Ported Manifolds
3" Rt/Downpipe w/Cat
DHP PCM
Gen 3 1.9 Rockers w/LS6 springs
180 thermostat
Thrasher Intake
Mini-Afc 2.0
IAT relocated

I see around 10-10.5 psi of boost with this combo. So here are my questions...

When I want to tune for more power, which way do I go on the Mini-Afc? Lean or Rich?

Do my IPW's sound right? I would think I'd almost be maxxing these suckers out with a 3" pulley. But my zero knock and O2 readings make me think that everything is ok...

My best time to date (Actually ran it today), is a [email protected] with a 2.3 60' in full street trim (no race gas, etc). This is with me having to granny the throttle off the line, and having major traction issues all throughout first gear (On-off the gas pretty much). I know the car is capable of better, its just that I sorta stink as a driver and am still learning how to launch this car :-D it was my first time at the track with this thing, but does my trap speed look normal? This was in mid 50 - low 60 degree weather.

Thanks all for any suggestions,

Joel

·
Vendor
260 Posts
Joel, for stock injectors your pulsewidth is very low. With a 3.0 I was seeing 20 - 21ms on stockers.

Do you have a means of tuning (HP Tuners, PowrTuner, or (ack) an AFC)? If you have one of the first two, I'm a very competent tuner (Thanks to the SHO as you know) and if you stop by here we can probably get you a really nice base tune setup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Kopstain said:
Joel, for stock injectors your pulsewidth is very low. With a 3.0 I was seeing 20 - 21ms on stockers.

Do you have a means of tuning (HP Tuners, PowrTuner, or (ack) an AFC)? If you have one of the first two, I'm a very competent tuner (Thanks to the SHO as you know) and if you stop by here we can probably get you a really nice base tune setup.
Mike thanks for the reply.

I believe I am viewing the wrong IPW sensor, I think I chose IPW #1 when I should have been reading IPW Bank 1. I will hafta play with my scantool a little bit more..

I do have a scantool and this is how I got the numbers above, I believe the car is runnin really good because of the 0 knock and the max timing/O2 levels...

I have a Mini-Afc 2.0, but I just purchased an ICCU this week and will be replacing the Mini-Afc unit with this...

If you have sometime next week perhaps we can meet up, shoot me a PM on the illinois boards for the next time you are free...

Thanks,

Joel

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just by looking at what you provided, your car seems to be running good. O2 look good, 0 KR. Assuming you were just looking at the wrong IPW catagory, everything looks good. Since you are getting the ICCU, you can start playing with some timing and that should yeild some gains. Assuming you get the ICCU in and get it all adjusted and everything is back to where you are now of course. You will just have to have to PCM coded with adjustable timing.

Other suggestions would be getting ride of the manifolds and go with headers. Smaller pulley. Add an LSD and get some slicks.

You have quite a few ways you can go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Merc someone on the Illinois boards said you were looking for a Mini-Afc 2.0, I am selling mine since I bought the ICCU. I barely had the Mini-Afc for a week on my car, Im asking 120$ shipped....

PM me if you are interested...

Thanks,

Joel

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Leaner will give you more power. Being intercooled you can probably get away with high 880-900 02s and pick up some power that way as long as you dont get KR. If it were me though, I would look at a tuning package (HP Tuners, DHP, ICCU etc..) and add some timing and keep the current fueling. I would rather have that extra comfort of being a little rich than go to lean and chunk a piston.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts