3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 3800series3,SC engine swap into 2001 Camaro V6 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have hp tuners mvpi2 standard with a aem wideband afr and I just finished the series 3 SC swap in my 4th gen fbody but I'm trying to get the car to a good level with a base tune that I can go off of to get my cat dialed in. I'm just don't have to much knowledge With using the data stream to help me figure the right parameters to change things to. Plz I am really in need of a Lil help. Hope you all can give me some good info I heard that the mail tunes are no good cause they all just cookie cutter for that engine but not personally tuned for you specific car and scenario if that make any sense.

·
Super Moderator
814 Posts
A mail tune can be fine to get you started, since it gets you in the ballpark. Places like ZZP constantly do them based on thousands of results for all sorts of combinations. It certainly won't be the final adjustment you ever need, but anyone poo-poo'ing on "cookie-cutter" was never around when the only pre-DIY choice was a DHP v1.0 to get anywhere, tweaking with mini-AFC/ICCU/etc.... you'll be fine.

You can make a deal with them, or you can figure out what parameters to scan (rpm, kr, map kpa, maf hz, inj pulse ms, ect, iat, spark adv, stft/ltft, O2 sensor 1 mv, WBO2 0-5v routed as EGR signal, etc.). There's plenty you should be able to do once you go to YouTube University for getting started on connecting and making minor adjustments to start.

Crawl, walk, run

·
Registered
2005 3800series3,SC engine swap into 2001 Camaro V6 5spd
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to figure out if I'm running to right plugs for the stock L32SC 3800 I have AC Delco 12568387 or 41-101 and the correct gap I'm having p0300 code for random misfires which is more than one I have narrowed it to cylinder 3 is showing a weak spark coming from the coil I changed it but cylinder 6 on the same coil looks to be a strong spark so I'm just trying to narrow down my problem one thing at a time I wanted to double check my spark Gap and I also tried swapping thenspark plug qire for another on cylinder 3 so I have another Icm I'm trynswitch after I check for proper gap
If you have any good info or knowledge that could help me I am grateful for the help thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts