3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 02 grand prix gtp has been acting weird idles rough sometimes and even dies at idle sometimes. any time I hit the gas hard it sputters and wont go anywhere!! I did notice the T connector under my supercharger that connects vacuum lines was off and missing I replaced that and got that fixed thinking that was the problem but its still doing it! it is throwing 2 codes a misfire code and a running rich in bank 1 code! how can I figure out what this is without buying a whole lot of things that don't fix it lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rich bank could mean stuck injector. If you have a multi-meter you could test the ohms on each of the injectors to see if they are all functioning properly. Have you checked fuel pressure to see if the pump is working properly? What about spark? It could be feasible that your coils/plugs are shot which is causing the rich condition.

I guess you need to check for air, fuel, spark to be able to narrow it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check that out! I didn't know my coils could cause that I was thinking my 3&4 and 5&6 coils were getting bad but didn't think it would cause rich

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
CHeck your fuel pressure regulator. Disconnect the vacuum hose and look for dripping gas out of it. Check for strong gas smell too.

I would still clean the throttle body plate and the idle air control as well. Also clean your MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts