3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My 2000 lesabre was making small backfires when cranking (1-2 times a week) from under the hood with smoke coming from all around the engine for months. The other day I went to crank It and BOOM my upper intake exploded. Now the car runs super rough and will start rite up but won't stay running on its own. Also my oil light would come on occasionally. I just got the car in May and other than the small occasional backfires and the occasional oil light it ran fine. Any idea what it could be? I've only replaced the fuel pressure regulator so far. Thanx alot for any help.

·
Administrator
959 Posts
Sounds like ignition is not firing at the right time. Could be an issue with the crank/cam sensors, harmonic balancer, ignition module/coils and its harness, spark plugs/wires... I'd get a code reader in there to see if anything is saved as an error for some additional info to guide efforts. Otherwise, you'll want to start down the troubleshooting path. Also, make sure there's no vac leaks or cracks in the intake, so you're down to just dealing with electrical, not physical component issues, if that's what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like ignition is not firing at the right time. Could be an issue with the crank/cam sensors, harmonic balancer, ignition module/coils and its harness, spark plugs/wires... I'd get a code reader in there to see if anything is saved as an error for some additional info to guide efforts. Otherwise, you'll want to start down the troubleshooting path. Also, make sure there's no vac leaks or cracks in the intake, so you're down to just dealing with electrical, not physical component issues, if that's what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx alot. I ordered a Scotty Kilmer recommended code reader after I posted this last night. I just had taken it to autozone a day or so before and only codes shown were the O2 sensors because I just had it straight piped a month ago. Hopefully this code reader shows me much more. Preciate it💯👑❤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts