3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Regal looks and runs like new with very low mileage. It has almost all options except a sunroof. Anyway, the heated seats just stopped working (perfect time, December 20th). Checked both fuses in the interior fuse block and the one large fuse in the relay box under the hood. The lights in the switches (in the console next to the traction control switch) turn on, but no heat to either seat.

I doubt that the heating elements in the seats BOTH went bad at the same time. I've read about a "heated seat relay" somewhere in the circuit but just can't find it. I suspect this is the issue. Its part number is 25638146 and I've attached a picture of it. Likely it's used in Lesabres and other Buicks of that era also.

It's not plugged into the block under the hood. Does anyone have any idea where it's located? It's about an inch square. This HAS to be the problem.
Technology Electronics

Thanks in advance, Mark

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
See if you can dig up the factory schematics (I haven't had them on my last couple PC's, unfortunately). My '04 GS is the opposite: no heated seats but has the sunroof, so I can't dig around to help right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See if you can dig up the factory schematics (I haven't had them on my last couple PC's, unfortunately). My '04 GS is the opposite: no heated seats but has the sunroof, so I can't dig around to help right now.
Thanks. There are several sets of factory repair manuals on Ebay but I don't want to spend almost 200 bucks just to learn the location of the relay. I'll pull out the glovebox- it's probably in that area since both fuse/ relay boxes are within a ~ 2 foot radius of that location.

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Ya, I used to have a book set for my GTP, but now you're alright going for the $15 digital ones, I think. Last year I bought one for my F-150, and may go for that on the Regal and others later.

There were other "improper" ways to get the good factory info, but it's getting more sparse in the open.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard that those inexpensive CDs with the digital manuals are very generic, similar to the cheap Haynes manuals in most parts stores. I'd be very surprised if they actually were produced for specific cars.

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Found my Service Manual info... Here's the Driver's and Passenger's schematics, respectively (2 large images below).

There's a couple fuses that could be checked, from the looks of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts