3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on putting in a HUD this winter in my GTP and read on the internet that it was actually pretty simple and would be a fairly quick job with the appropriate wires in the car. However, I was talking with a GM technician, freind of the family and he said that if you want to install the heads up display you have to get your PCM flashed, and get a new computer unit for the HUD, this is not what I read and I wanted to find out what the deal was.

What exactly goes into installing a HUD on a car that does not have a HUD, thanks for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 93 Bonneville I had to fabricate the wire harness and swap out the dash, But no PCM changes were needed. Just hooked up the wires and turned the car on.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think I got everything cleared up, The HUD glass is different, its optically perfect from the factory, when GM makes the windshields they save the best 100 (per shipment) for HUD cars, there is not really a big difference but not HUD glass may cause the image to be a little blurry. As far as the GM tech goes, he was full of $hit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts