3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my next mod (past rice-pipe, lower temp plugs and thermo), i'm pretty much set on a higher flowing cat and muffler, but I was wondering if any of the headers out there would fit in my engine bay?

It seems like Bonnies have a bit more room than GTP's around teh engine, but it's hard to tell. I heard from someone that all you have to do is undo the mounts, rock the engine forward and you're set, but that sounds pretty farfetched...

Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I JUST finished installing the SLP's on my 98 SSEi and it was more of a pain than expected. First off you will obviously need a W-body trans tube: P/N 12562853. Secondly I had to remove a small mini shock absorbor that was bolted to one of the trans mounts. I havn't seen it on a GTP and I don't think its on 2000+ Bonnevilles, so I'm not sure if its all that important (too late its gone). I believe it might have been for extra support and maybe resist wheel hop, but so far so good. Anyway, I removed the small "shock" and cut off the top part of the bracket it was attached to. Finally, I put the rear header on from the bottom.

Hope this helps and good luck! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts