3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just installed some zzp shortened dog bones, now im looking at some headers.. Will I run into fitment issues with new dog bones? And what are some good cheap headers (SSAC, Speed Daddys, Pacesetters)?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
With the shortened dog bones you will more than likely see some DP to firewall contact if you're higher HP. Remove the fan head shield and it won't touch there. However, it might hit one of the A/C lines that go into the EVAP canister. Without the shortened mounts, you might rub the low pressure PS hard line through like I did. I had all these issues and found ways around them. Part of modding a car is learning to mod the crap you break from modding :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing like a little southern ingenuity with these cars. lol... im thinking about having the guy at my exausht shop install/chop whateven headers i get to makem fit right. Too lazy to break out the hack saw and welder. haha

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I got 'The Other Guys' headers and nothing touches with ZZP's billet dog bones but its really close around the PS lines and trans dipstick. (was a struggle to get the rear manifold past the lines)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
chances are you will have fan clearance issues. The Fans on the Monte Carlo's are larger and sit deeper into the engine bay. I experienced this on a friends MCSS when we put the Ebay headers on the car. You will need to get GTP Fans for the headers to clear. Also on the PS Lines you will have to do some bending because they run across the mid section of the firewall. Some bending made the Ebay headers fit great

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I cut the hard line and ran high pressure soft line with a bend completely around the headers. Get yourself a couple -4 padded AN line holders to keep the line in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.