3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 buick regal gs 3.8 n/a 130k. I have some mods on this pretty old lady. Cold air intake, removed cat, bigger exhaust to 2.5" with glass pack and 2 chamber rumble muffler, high powered fuel pump with k&n high flow fuel filter stock regulator, high power coil packs , zzp power log in front (may change back one tonight to power log while at it) and volo v16 programmer that i have no idea how to use besides plugging it in and letting it do its thing.
1)Hammer on me all you want for going in way over my head but help me with some questions as well please. With all the mods should i put in my 36# injectors?
2)Im tearing apart the top because lower intake manifold gasket i believe is leaking along with upper plenum. Did the starting fluid test and Got all parts needed i believe...including these new injectors i got awile ago thinking i was going to need them. Now works right?
3) why isnt there a tuning/dyno shop withi 3 hours drive from me here in northern minnesota ? Before car was slowly over time getting harder to start after sitting awhile and there is a surge especially around pre- midrange which i assume is from the intake gasket or what i dug up which points to cam shaft censor maybe. Any help and advice would be helpful. Please Thank you

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
You don't have enough mods to really need such a big jump in injector size, especially without the ability to tune it. I'd get the maintenance done, and ensure all the gaskets and sensors are good first.

If you wanted the ability to do some tuning, I'd say get a wideband O2 setup to monitor, and possibly a ZZP mini-AFC to make adjustments. It's not too fancy, but unless you want to do a bunch of work to swap in a 97 Pontiac computer that has the same engine/trans with HPTuners support, you're limited.

Sidenote: living in northern MN, you should be used to the fact that 'everything' is at least 3 hours away by now. :LOL: I used to live in the Twin Cities about 15yrs ago, when the 3800 market peaked, and it would've been much easier to find someone with the ability to help back when that forum was alive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts