3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I have a stock on stock on stock 98 GS that I just upgraded to GevV M90 and intake. Is there some other mods and upgrades that I can use from other GM cars that would be beneficial and work on my car? There is a 04 GPGTP in the Pick n Pull right now, is there anything I should pillage from it to put on my car? Like sway bars? Brakes? other suspension pieces? Or from any other car like Impalas or Monte Carlo's or ??? that would work? I remember seeing a compatibility thread somewhere but can't find it now. I will admit I haven't searched recently for this, but I did quite substantially a while ago and couldn't find info. Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there a chart somewhere stating what can and will be cross compatible with the cars? I would like to know what I could use on my car or keep my eyes open for when I go to PnP.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
372 Posts
Not sure of a chart, but in the last 18yrs of owning these things, I just pay attention to what is useful for me...

• Upgraded sway bars and trailing arms on Police Impalas/GP GXPs/etc. (04+ GP have slightly different geometry)
  • Larger 75mm throttle body on 96-99 & 00-05 Northstar Cadillacs (different styles requiring different adapters, or make your own)
  • higher rear strut spring setup on Intrigue/Impala
  • aluminum engine cradle on 00+ Impala/Monte, 04+ GP/LaCrosse
That's off the top of my head, haven't had to go U-pull hunting for a few years, but I still get some things from yards who list on eBay and car-part.com now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. This is the kind of thing I am looking for. I will look and see if I can find any of these gems in there. Where I live we only have one local Pick n Pull around but I am there so often that the girls at the front all know me there. I am gonna look for the sway bars and trailing arms on the units in PnP right now. The larger throttle body I guess I should have looked into that upgrade before I bought the normal adapter plate for the throttle body for my SC and intake upgrade...

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 2003 Monte SS High Sport had the biggest brakes and sway bars you could get for that generation of w-body cars. Exact same as a police interceptor Impala.
I see you’re in Canada, where are you located? I have a complete Monte SS for a parts car that I’m not touching any of those parts on. I’m in Ontario.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in BC. Kelowna. I will keep my eyes open for those. Ontario is a little far to go... haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup just a little drive for parts. The impalas and montes had the bigger better brakes and sway bars. Not sure if the struts are direct swap to Regals but my Monte is at 261k and all original struts still performing like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts