3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of searching no luck on finding a reasonably priced set of struts that will firm up my 97 lesabre. The only set i found was 1600$ doesn't seem right for 800$ zzp has fully ajustable shocks for the w-body. Any body ever tried to run the zzp wbody stuff like lowering springs,suspension,sway bars on a H-body? I did find a post about a guy who swapped over the shocks, sway bars,etc from a Pontiac Bonneville SSEI into his lesabre said it stiffened it up quite a bit any thoughts are the suspensions in them really that different? Iv had them.both apart to the bone(my 97 leabre and 97 SSEI) they are 100% the same through and through. are the spring rates and sway bars different? Looked identical to me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey, glad to see a fellow LeSabre guy. LeSabre don't have rear sway bar unless they have the f41 suspension package.
I have a 2000 LeSabre so I don't know if it will work with a 97 not sure but if you check out my build page on the newbie zone I have a full link of suspension components.
I know one thing that everyone seems to agree on is polyurethane sway bar bushings and you can get energy suspension polyurethane bushings to fit the size of your sway bar and potentially even the end links with little modification.
sabers came with an fe1 suspension package stock. Some came with the upgraded f41 suspension package which replace some components with fe2 and fe3 components.
You can find out yours by the RPO codes my RPO codes were located on the plastic piece that went over the spare tire in the trunk.
Look for fe1 for f41 on the RPO code list

1 - 3 of 3 Posts