3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got them from the local Pontiac Dealership.

I talked to the service manager and he had the tech who preps the GTOs save the spacers for me.

Check my sig for pics of them and what they look like installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i wouldnt say they are for looks at all as you really cant see them unless you look at the springs to see them. as far as launching better the car felt as if it had less weight transfer, from the videos of my car i can see the back end of my car doesnt squat nearly as much with out them, prior to them you could see the back end squat, alot less noticeable with them in, so far i like my set.

paul

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just tried them out this last weekend and they seem to do pretty good as far as launching. I will try again in the next few weeks on an more agressive launch to see if I can do better 60's. Definitely a lot easier to put these on vs those metal spring blockers. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are these blockers used in the GTO's for shipping, and then re-usable on our cars? What are they made of? I'd like to see if I can get a set from the dealership, but you know it's always better to go in with a whole lot of info on stuff. They always seem confused. :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do the blockers have to be on any particular side of the springs? Front, rear, inside, outside, etc. Does anyone have an extra set?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rooty, thanks for the pics (page 5)! I have some shorter single level spacers from AutoZone, but they rotate a lot. I think I'll pick up some of the GTO ones for the coming season. These should be easy to install and remove before and after the track.

Scott
INTENSE 97.5 GS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone got a pal at their local dealership that could get a set of these for me? My local dealerships won't help me out. I'd be willing to pay you for your trouble.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you are talking about the rubber coil spring type spacers then I wouldn't recommend them.
They are OK if you don't run with any load in the car but if you take a couple of passengers and load up the trunk....like I did, they will break or squirt out like a bullet.
All of mine split right in half.

They do work well with anti squat though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Impala SS

Will GTO spring blockers work on my Impala?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can the spring blockers be used for daily driving? I don't carry a lot of people in my car.(1 at the most) and it's never overloaded with anything. What do you think on keeping them in all the time? Any negatives?
Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
i know people who use zip ties on there springs. works very well. crank those puppies on and your all set. just remove them after your day at the track.

oh stock springs/struts suck and arn't worth ****.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts