3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you look here you can see my kit :)D).

Intense shipped it out on Thursday afternoon and we got it Friday morning. We were pulling the motor out already to replace the flexplate and torque converter (changing from L36 to L67 a year after the swap :rolleyes: ). While Adam & Greg worked on that part, I worked on getting the IC all set up.

We pushed to get the kit right away, and had them ship it as soon as the parts were in, even before they had instructions printed. Big Jeff gave us his cell number and said to call if we ran into any problems (bonus points to Intense for that :)).

The kit is great. We did not have to make any parts runs, and there was no cutting of metal needed. The core looked great, the injector spacers were perfect, every piece of hardware we needed was there.

I mounted the pump a little high and the fittings from that were poking at my grilles, so we ground those down a bit on the back side, but nothing noticable from outside. We went with a 2.8 pulley to start, and the belt just brushed the back side of the ICM bracket/plate. We stuck a 1/4" washer on the top bolt and it cleared fine.

The only other problem we had was with the alternator-fuel rail clearance, but a quick call to Jeff (who was on the golf course, sorry!) got that figured out - there is a new bolt and spacer included in the kit to fix that. That was the only part of the installation that wasn't totally intuitive.

As far as power, all I can say is WOW. A test drive with 4 people and a trunk STUFFED with tools and parts was faster than my car has ever felt. And this coming from the girl who thought the swap from an L36 to a cam-headers-3.25 L67 was "just ok." This is BY FAR my favorite mod. :D

So, after all that typing, what I'm trying to say is:
-the kit is put together very well
-the customer service was great
-the IC made a HUGE gain on the power
-thanks so much to Adam & Greg & Amanda
-I LOVE MY CAR!

On the technical side, here's what we had/added-
Had: XP cam, SLP headers, 3.0/3.25 pulley, custom DHP, AFC 2.0, Gen 1 LSD
Added: L67 TC & flexplate, 42.5# injectors, IC kit, 2.8 pulley

KR went from max of 6-8* on the 3.0 to less than 1* on the 2.8, and that's only at shifts.

We dyno'd this spring at 289 WHP on the mods listed above. PB on that setup was a 13.10 @ 106.0, 2.0x 60'. We're planning on hitting the track this Saturday to bring it down to the low 12's. :) Well, at least the 12's in general. :p Hopefully we'll be able to make it to a dyno again this coming spring to see what this has done for us.

Oh, one other thing, we've driven over 500 miles since Saturday (when we buttoned everything up), and not a single problem yet. And the blower was cold to the touch. :cool:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
WOW! Very nice! Get to the track!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sweet, get that thing to the track Jamie, glad to hear your keeping up on moding that thing, you should have those 12's no problem now, you were already able to trap at 105mph before this :eek: .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Your welcome! :) hehehe

The car is flying.. it's awesome. Yeah, the car always made good power but would start to knock towards the top... after 12 hours of work and within 20 mins of starting it up, it ran WOT to 100 with a blip of .3 KR on the shift. Lil adjustment from the AFC and all is well :)

Hats off to INTENSE on one NICE IC setup.. very well thought out, great looks, awesome core.. and as always awesome customer service! I do have experience on other IC setups, Just about all the issues I had with others were addressed here.

I feel we could put a 2.6 on this without issue. I can't wait to see the dyno either! The track should prove fruitful.

To be honest.. I always thought about an IC.. but never really went far with it.. as of now I won't be putting a single modification on my car until I can afford an IC from INTENSE. Awesome product guys! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jamie,

I have a question- where is the reservoir for the water? I see the kit comes with two heat exchangers....

Kurt

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There isnt one. You tap into your factor cooling system. If you wanted an open system, you could have a tank mounted in your trunk that you dump ice into before each run

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ron post some pics if you can.

·
Registered
467 Posts
There's really nothing to see. It's all tucked under the bodywork and pass side headlight. Just looks like two hoses coming out of the side of the washer fluid tank. The outlet of my IC pump goes into the tank, and the one that comes out goes to the IC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts