3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Pontiac GP 40th anniversary edition, non- supercharged. I want to do head lights and tail lights and an HID kit. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a 2002 Pontiac GP 40th anniversary edition, non- supercharged. I want to do head lights and tail lights and an HID kit. What do you guys think.

What exactly do you want to do with your head lights and tail lights? Or are you asking what's available to do with them?

I'm not sure what you can do with head lights except add an HID kit and/or replacing the capsules which normally look crappy after years of weather beat down.

And tail lights? You can have clear tails and use LEDs. Or you can go with those altezza things? Or you can do the blacked out tails.

Since the 40th ann. car is unique as it is, I'd probably leave it alone and look for some 'go' mods. HIDs are something I don't have but it would be nice. But with all of the stuff my car has had done to it, there's still plenty I'd do before getting HIDs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, basically im just wondering what kinda headlights and stuff i can find for it and I was going to do these head lights. Pontiac Grand Prix 1997-2003 Chrome Projector Headlights-Pontiac Projector Lights
But its like a dark cherry purple as it is so do you think the chrome will compliment it well. Or would you guys think that darker head lights would look better?. Then after that i plan in some nice 18" chrome rims. And also what do u guys mean by a top swap?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks guys, basically im just wondering what kinda headlights and stuff i can find for it and I was going to do these head lights. Pontiac Grand Prix 1997-2003 Chrome Projector Headlights-Pontiac Projector Lights
But its like a dark cherry purple as it is so do you think the chrome will compliment it well. Or would you guys think that darker head lights would look better?. Then after that i plan in some nice 18" chrome rims. And also what do u guys mean by a top swap?
I forgot about the projectors which do look nice. I think they would look alright on your car.

18" are the best size wheel for our cars in my opinion.

A top swap is what you do to put a supercharger on your car. It's not as simple as just putting the supercharger on it. They make kits to do it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Keep it stock and clean save your money and get some motor mods like a turbo, s/c, headers, being n/a cam and heads! Just do alot of reading up on modding the motor and put the money there 1st!!!!!!It's alot funner to go fast then it is to look good and really fun if you have both lol but me i like a stock looking car with a nice motor !!!

·
Registered
984 Posts

I think you should do a real HID conversion with real HID projectors and not halogen chinese projectors, or an HID bulb kit.

google

the retrofit source

I also think you should use 4300k, because I've been in may cars that have been converted with stupid color kits and you can't see crap. The visibility of 4300k is awesome. Blue, purple, pink HID's just mean you can't see anything! Color temperature does not equal useful light output.

I plan to do quad bi xenon 4300k headlights and 3000k fog lights.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I hear ya on that, I have some supposedly 5k's, they are decently white (not blue at all), but I wish it was a just a smidgen warmer color. I HATE filtered color light like Silverstars, they are ok bulbs till they put the coating on to block more of the light from coming out. I need more light.

But the lights are much better than stockers anyday. Just wish I had them in highbeams where they would be realistically functional.

I think you should do a real HID conversion with real HID projectors and not halogen chinese projectors, or an HID bulb kit.

google

the retrofit source

I also think you should use 4300k, because I've been in may cars that have been converted with stupid color kits and you can't see crap. The visibility of 4300k is awesome. Blue, purple, pink HID's just mean you can't see anything! Color temperature does not equal useful light output.

I plan to do quad bi xenon 4300k headlights and 3000k fog lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
HID plug and play kits are $40 on ebay and have lasted me for some time. Any car i ever get I will put out the money for these. A retrofit would be ideal but either way the output is so much greater than any halogens such as silverstars which cost damn near the same. Im pulling mine out of my old car and reusing the ballasts and just ordered new bulbs. I have always had 6000K and they are a little blue but still very easy on the eyes. I just ordered 4300K for my park ave and the damn thing isnt even on the road yet. I have a 6000K 9005 kit for the highbeams already from my acura so I will have plenty of light out put. I highly highly recommend getting a set.

as for tails, Tint them!!!

Rims with maybe a lowering kit would be sic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with most of the other people that have commented. Save the appearance mods for later. Build up the performance first, because the 40th Anniv. GP already looks pretty cool! One thing that affects appearance and performance is performance struts and springs. And they're pretty easy to install! Did my Monte Carlo in my garage with a hand jack and jack stands last week. :icon_lol: I promise, performance is so much more satisfying that looks! Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
you could also do another cool thing to your headlights that i did to my firebird. its really cool and cheap. i bought flash pattern street glow LED's from autozone and installed blue on my outside lights and red on the innerside lights. so if i even go to the park or square or the beach, i leave my car turned off and show off the flashies lol. i also have blue street glow for under my car. ive programmed a light sequence for my tailights of my firebird to do a pattern where the light goes from one end to the other and back nonstop. another showy thing u could do is inside led's make it look like a show car that glows at night. it doesnt cost that much to do all of it, and it gets everyone's head turning your way. plus ur friends will love it lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
i agree with go 1st then show 2nd but i have a lead foot. i say do what you want first just try not to destroy the appearance of the car and keep your stock stuff it might come in handy some day

·
Registered
14 Posts
On mine I did LED headlights and led marker lights all the way around. Only mistake I made was the brand on LED lights for the headlights originally they went out pretty quickly waiting to get new assemblies but I've got a set of LED bulbs of better quality that I'm getting ready to put in. Just avoid anything made by Heise. The marker lights are just standard Sylvania LED bulbs, but highly satisfied with those, front and back.

If you're wanting to accessorize your vehicle, one other thing is to pay attention to the engine bay. If the opportunity requires the engine to be out, I recommend repainting the transmission and engine both. Aside from cosmetics, the added benefit of painting your engine and transmission is that versus bare metal if there's ever a fluid leak oil coolant transmission fluid Etc it'll be much easier to see on a painted surface. Of course you could always paint it any color you like, myself I'm preferential to red or orange which are traditional Buick GS colors. At least in the case of Buick stuff my Oldsmobile 455 Rocket is painted gold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts