3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix, 99,600 miles runs and drives perfect, i bought car 8 yrs ago 16,000 miles on it and never had any problems with it until now.
i had a p0404 code so. replaced the egr valve with a one no more p0404 code, but immediately then it showed a p0401 code so replace spark plugs, wires an coil packs and had egr ports cleaned and injectors cleaned still get p0401 code, i can clear it but the service engine light comes back on after about ten miles showing the p0401 code.
I'm in a wheel chair unabled to do the work myself, i had work done at two different reputable shops in my area. Both told to bring car back, you an I both what that means , MO MONEY for them, but am $3000 into it an still not fixed
I really appreciate your interest, thanks, any insight would be a great help in fixing this p0401 code problem I have with my car. Thsnk you
Rob

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
It may be a vacuum leak on one of the hoses on top of the engine (small rubber connectors get dry rotted over time), and this can cause the vacuum from the intake to not pull air thru the EGR as strongly.

This may or may not have been the initial issue as well, but luckily if the rubber pieces look like the culprit, it's only a few bucks for the variety pack of vacuum elbows from the parts store.

Reactions: yowzar
1 - 2 of 2 Posts