Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Transmission will blow up first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Monte Carlo SS has been a project since 2007.
Today was its first run with a "75 shot" of nitrous. At least that's what the jetting chart sizes I went with should produce. I know it's not likely to be a true 75hp gain but can really feel it pull when I press the button.
Yes it's all manual controlled.
My best time pre-nitrous was 12.59s and I'm going this Friday to see where nitrous puts the new best.
Already thinking of going with a 125 or 150 lol.

Between parts and custom work there's roughly $17k into this car now 馃槓 on top of the car actual cost.
I've done things people said "not to do", or they said "that won't work". I really need a proper dyno tune now...

Will update after Friday's 1/4 runs.

Super Moderator
No idea what your overall setup it, but enjoy. Whatever gets people excited to get out to a track day is always fun. Toss a helmet on, stomp on the gas, and let us know.

Registered
If your engine is supercharged I would be cautious about adding too large a shot of nitrous. It can be done but if you go lean you may toast the engine. Vehicles with boosted 3800 engines & nitrous have run in the 8's but that requires major attention to programming/tuning. Quite frankly using nitrous is beyond what I may consider as one mistake and its over.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No traction at all last night too cold. Tire spin for the whole 60ft. 14.2s 鈽
And the system I put in is a wet setup, no worries about running lean as I run a slightly larger fuel orifice than I should. I'd consider a 150 as my maximum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts