3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title says I'm from Western Australia.
Just joined your forum about 10 minutes ago to hopefully learn alot more about the 3800 V6.
I've got a 2003 model Commodore utility ( ute for short ) The model id is VY and it's fitted with the N/A L36 Ecotec, which is your series 2 I believe.
5 speed manual transmission ( stick shift) Getrag is the brand name.
Limited Slip Diff with a 3.46:1 ratio Borg-Warner brand and it's another RWD.
I'm hoping to purchase a L67 short motor in the future and fit it with the N/A top end. Then I,m going to follow the Turbo path to enjoyment, after I've learnt a lot more about them.
This is where you guys come in. :D

anyway once again Gidday to all. :) I'll leave you with a pic of my Aussie VY Ute. I apologize in advance if picture quality is poor, my cameras not the best.

Cheers

David

Attachments

·
Banned
165 Posts
That is so friggen cool! It's an El Camino with a 3800! :cool: :D

Welcome! :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scott, every man and his dog seems to have one down under.
Your drive line choices are LS1 with auto or 6 speed manual and LSD. As well as the 3800 n/a V6 L36 (or LN3 Ecotec as they are coded here), with auto or 5 speed manual and open diff or LSD. :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
That is sweet!!!! I've often thought of how I could enjoy the 3800 and still have a vehicle to get the big items home in. You have the answer down there. Not to mention 5 & 6 speeds and RWD :mad:

Anyhow, have you thought any about the L32 as your short block?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gidday dayday mate, we certainly have talked about it a lot lately. The big problem for us is not knowing which parts would be inter-changeable with the L67 / L36 series 2 blocks that we have down here. Talk is that the only difference is the rods being stronger in the L32 and pistons being the same as L67. Is that right ? Would it be the same for us to put a set of L32 rods into a L67 short motor to arrive at the same specs.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It is "my" understanding that installing the L32 rods into a L67 short block would yield nearly "if not" the exact same bottom end.

I request varification from others :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts