3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am planning on doing a little modding :) next weekend and have some questions. this is a 99gtp l67. i am adding a gen v, northstar throttle body with LQ4 MAF sensor and a xp-hot cam. my questions are what pulley size should i run (currently running a 3.4 my gen III) i have a mps some need to know what size i should buy. also which size injectors should i use, will 42 pound ones be fine or do i need the 60's or 65s. other mods are ram air intake, 3" dp, 2.5" ss mandrel exhaust, zzp custom pcm. but after the modding i am getting a dynotune. thanks for help/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
ok since you have a cam, you should be safe with the 3.4 on your Gen V. Your 42ers will be pleanty for your setup.

i hope that there is a set of headers in that mod list very soon, you will not be maximizing your setup with the stock manifolds

also i hope your dyno is very close because you car will run like crap, and may not even run with the 42's N* and the XP....

·
Registered
235 Posts
ok since you have a cam, you should be safe with the 3.4 on your Gen V. Your 42ers will be pleanty for your setup.

i hope that there is a set of headers in that mod list very soon, you will not be maximizing your setup with the stock manifolds

also i hope your dyno is very close because you car will run like crap, and may not even run with the 42's N* and the XP....
Pat nailed it- he is so smart :icon_lol:

a powerlog at least for all those mods , headers would be better

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for you quick response. good to know i dont need to get the bigger 60# injectors. i will more than likey have it trailered to get dynotuned but its pretty local. headers are next on my list for sure. any tips or suggestions on the swap welcomed. also my friend is trying to persuade me into the thrasher race cam verse the xp-hot cam any thoughts? (stock heads)

THRASHER RACE CAM SPECS:
Duration at .050 = 222 degree intake/222 degree exhaust
Intake Lift = .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
Exhaust Lift = .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
Lobe Separation = 114.0

ZZP XP-Hot cam specs:
212°/224° at .050"
Intake Lift .325" (.520" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
Exhaust Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
116 Lobe Separation

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
THRASHER RACE CAM SPECS:
Duration at .050 = 222 degree intake/222 degree exhaust
Intake Lift = .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
Exhaust Lift = .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)
Lobe Separation = 114.0
i dont think you can run that much lift on stock heads. someone correct if i am wrong

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thrasher says you can. 3800 THRASHER Suspension & Big Brakes Kits - NEW - Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, Chevy Monte Carlo / Impala SS, Buick Regal GS - Thrasher Engineered Performance

wow!
you can run Our race cam with your stock heads!
Your dream can be your reality with the purchase of the THRASHER Cam Install Kit. This kit is specifically designed for those of you that decide to keep your cylinder heads stock. The TEP Cam Install Kit allows for up to a .595" lift... well above the .566" lift of the TEP Race Cam. The install kit consists of specially-modified LS1 retainers, and custom valve seals. Although the engine will run with stock valve springs, we highly recommend 130 lb. Comp Cam High Load Valve springs because you won't achieve all the performance the cam is capable of with less seat pressure and could float the valves before the shift point.If you have modified cylinder heads, or plan to have yours modified at the same time you install our camshaft, just have your valve guides machined down .100".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what i am going for is pretty much the most agressive cam i can run and run fine as a daily driver and i dont plan on changing heads.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think dayday made high 400 whp with the S1X and stock (i think) heads on a turbo setup.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If your goal is around 300HP or less, than the 45's are fine. Upgrading to a XPZ or an Intense Stage 3 cam profile equivalents will best be paired with 60/65# injectors, assuming the engine can move enough air though it as well.
For stock heads, I absolutely recommend the S1X cam, it seems to have more umph on the street than a S2, and it flows perfectly tailored to stock heads.

·
Banned
887 Posts
If your goal is around 300HP or less, than the 45's are fine. Upgrading to a XPZ or an Intense Stage 3 cam profile equivalents will best be paired with 60/65# injectors, assuming the engine can move enough air though it as well.
For stock heads, I absolutely recommend the S1X cam, it seems to have more umph on the street than a S2, and it flows perfectly tailored to stock heads.
The s1x is awesome, x2 with that! I hear nothing but good things about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts