3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has been posted everywhere on the net, still no one has come with the real mumbers to the table.
Is this thing realy worth the $$$? What else is need it besides the intake plenum in order to take full benefits from it? bigger ported TB? what about hoses and other connections?
Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ye sit's worth considering you can get them for 800 or so. It's basically like buying a ported m90 but with all new bearings. The genV puts out more boost at cooler temps period. Most people who talk bad about them have never even seen one. Much less one sitting side by side off the car with a gen3.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had a Gen V on my car and I will tell you that's it an awesome mod. If you already have a ported Gen 3, and don't plan on spending tons more money on the car, I'd probably just intercool the Gen 3. But if you don't have any blower or IC modifications and are wanting to mod, definitely do a Gen V.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I replaced my mildly ported Gen3 last year with a prototype GenV, I dropped 0.3 tenths in the quarter with no other changes. I agree with Brad, if you are already ported, just go with an IC. If you're trying to decide between a 3 and a 5, I assure the GenV will do the job!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Where does one pick up a Gen V? I assume at this point only through GM or Eaton since they're so new?

Rowdy, did you mean 3 tenths, or .3 tenths as in .03 seconds? Just curious.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They're not easy to find. I got mine new from a dealer at a great price. Sometimes you can find them on the classifieds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, in the "is it worth it" department, what else is needed to make this work on a L67?

·
Registered
78 Posts
A throttle body adapter is really all you'll need besides gaskets and bolts and stuff. You can use your L67 intake manifold if you gasket match the opening of it to an L32 gasket.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd say a majority of the people using Gen V blowers, including myself, already had LS1 throttle bodies...

Just get the adapter from ZZP or have one made that matches these bolt patterns for Gen V to LS1 TB.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts