3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at pushing some more power and I've been trying to figure out if it would be better to adapt a Gen V M90 with L32 LIM and Northstar TB to my L67, or just go for a ported M90 & bored TB.

As far as I could find the gen V would be the best all the way but I'm having trouble finding one, any advice?

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you go with the Gen V supercharger you will need to also change the lower intake manifold. The modified Gen III supercharger would be the easier solution but I'm not sure what the resulting power difference would be. If you want an easy bit of more power just downsize the pulley to the 3.4" size and use the supporting mods. If you decide to go to an even smaller pulley be sure to add an intercooler and tweak the fueling in the program..

·
Super Moderator
814 Posts
Edit: In all reality, the minor difference in the M90 configuration is nothing compared to the benefit of a cam, intercooler, fuel system, learning to tune, etc. Those net you 50-100+ hp versus the minor changes from M90 tweaks.

L67 LIM's can be modified to fit GenV's (~3/4" extension of the outlet towards the snout). Just takes an L32 gasket for a template, and drill/Dremel/jigsaw/file/etc. to carefully make it happen. (Also, note that some alternators on older 3800's need attention to the power stud to not hit the GenV case.)

The benefit of a GenV in stock form improves as you swap pulleys down. If you're starting with a Gen3 M90 already, though, it's a little harder to justify the cost/effort of a swap that you won't see a significant gain from without back-to-back dyno comparisons. (I think it was something within the margin of error for a butt-dyno, especially in the early stages of modding.)

Also, a member is selling a GenV currently. I may offload one of my spares, too, to clear up some space. They're easy to get when you look around the market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts