3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got done putting the L26 intake onto my 01 Bonne SLE with an ebay adapter plate, its the same as the zzp product but they drilled and threaded a hole on the bottom corner to run a 90. So I start the car and it runs for 2 seconds every time then dies. I'm dark out so Im gonna look at it again in the AM, but i want to know if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. I did tap and plug the evap port, and put in the brass 90 on the adapter plate, then ran that with 5/8 vacuum line to the stovetop PCV port. I swapped in my old PCV valve and MAP sensor, bolted everything up and plugged in all the sensors with little to no trouble. Ive already done the intake gaskets, coolant elbows and valve covers so the process was easy for me. So im a little stumped why this is happening

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
Can you post some pics when it gets brighter outside, so we can see all your vac plumbing. There's probably a minor item not mentioned or overlooked. Do you have a link to the plate you used? Is it just to adapt the little L36 TB or swap to a Northstar 75mm to match the L26?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post some pics when it gets brighter outside, so we can see all your vac plumbing. There's probably a minor item not mentioned or overlooked. Do you have a link to the plate you used? Is it just to adapt the little L36 TB or swap to a Northstar 75mm to match the L26?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a few attempts I was able to start it, rev it up for a few seconds and then let off and it started to idle, it idled at 900 rpm in park. I let it run till op temp then i cut it off. I restarted it a few more times and no luck that time

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
PCV routing seems fine, I did something similar to utilize the Northstar's internal passage when I used to run my GenV setup.

All I can think is to dig around everything you touched, to make sure there's good sealing. Might be a gasket or hose that isn't grabbing right, or something between the LIM and UIM that's not aligned? Not sure if there's much difference between L26 and L36 LIM's, because I used to run the older style LIM with my L26 UIM for years, so doubt it would be an issue.

Also, be sure to have good fuel injection-style clamps on those fuel hoses, both ends of the feed and return. Later, you may want to get the Dorman OEM style quick disconnect.ones at the store, to clean up things more securely for the long haul. They are heat molded to a brass barb union, and work very well.

Tool Auto part Pipe Camera accessory Nozzle

Cylinder Auto part Metal Font Engineering

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just got done putting the L26 intake onto my 01 Bonne SLE with an ebay adapter plate, its the same as the zzp product but they drilled and threaded a hole on the bottom corner to run a 90. So I start the car and it runs for 2 seconds every time then dies. I'm dark out so Im gonna look at it again in the AM, but i want to know if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. I did tap and plug the evap port, and put in the brass 90 on the adapter plate, then ran that with 5/8 vacuum line to the stovetop PCV port. I swapped in my old PCV valve and MAP sensor, bolted everything up and plugged in all the sensors with little to no trouble. Ive already done the intake gaskets, coolant elbows and valve covers so the process was easy for me. So im a little stumped why this is happening
Hey have you checked to see how dirty your IAC is? Mass air flow sensor too maybe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey have you checked to see how dirty your IAC is? Mass air flow sensor too maybe.
The iac was pretty dirty, MAF appeared clean but it mightve crapped out. I had an aftermarket filter cause I was worried about clearance, took that off and fought to put the factory airbox in place cause the filter was making an awful noise

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
The stock TB makes that rock grinder noise due to the air path for the IAC, I believe.

Snag a can of MAF cleaner and hit the carbon on the IAC and MAF filaments quick, to ensure any gunk from PCV or excess oil from aftermarket filter are cleared away. Only takes 5sec of spraying from a $7 can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill pick up some maf cleaner, i used throttle body cleaner to clean the IAC and throttle body, and made sure to remove the MAF sensor while doing that. I can get the car started, but I have to hold down the gas at about 2k for 5-10 seconds then it'll idle

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
Hopefully you have long-term success with the car, now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts