3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple questions, with a turbo runing relativly low boost 10-12psi, what gains can I expect from intense's CNC'd heads, in combination with a cam? Are we talking 30-40hp or more?

Also does anyone have any experence with turbo cams, is the stage 3 going to be like a big cam on a N/A car? Will I have to run a big stall converter?

Will the turbo spool noticably faster with a cam?

Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Phoenix64 said:
Couple questions, with a turbo runing relativly low boost 10-12psi, what gains can I expect from intense's CNC'd heads, in combination with a cam? Are we talking 30-40hp or more?

Also does anyone have any experence with turbo cams, is the stage 3 going to be like a big cam on a N/A car? Will I have to run a big stall converter?

Will the turbo spool noticably faster with a cam?

Thanks.
Tom Farris was running a 13.6 and I put in the VS cam and ported his heads. After that, he is at a 13.2 on a bad launch. He has trapped as high as 108 and we all feel as though he is good for 12's if he can get a decent launch.

I think you could expect a solid 50whp out of it depending on the cam.

No idea on the turbo cams.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hijeck the thread, but it's still the same topic :)
Does anyone know about how much hp I can expect to gain and how much time I can expect to shave with a cam and heads for the L36?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Malibu603 said:
Sorry to hijeck the thread, but it's still the same topic :)
Does anyone know about how much hp I can expect to gain and how much time I can expect to shave with a cam and heads for the L36?
I was really close to having this information for you. I was in the process of porting heads for my N/A setup last winter. I wanted to set up my car to get a lot out of it n/a and then with nitrous. Instead, the boost fairy put a CSC under my pillow instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Boost fairy eh? I hope he visits me too :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
GR8racingfool said:
A fairy a HE :confused: I would rather have a SHE Fairy visit me. :D

~Farnsworth~
Haha, woops, I didn't even notice that :p Yes, a she fairy would be much nicer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts