3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, if stock fuel pressure (FP) is roughly 48-52 with the vacuum line off. Mine for instance is 51. I have heard that our stock pumps are good to 60psi.

Based on that, our stock FPR from what I understand adds about 1psi of fuel for every 1psi of boost... So if your running 10psi boost with a 3.4, that would put the pump as putting out 62 psi which would be over the pumps specs.

Now maybe Im smoking crack and someone can clear this up for me, but I would appriciate any thoughts on this.

Dc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would this not mean that the stock pump would need to be upgraded upon little mods. I ve always heard that you had to be heavily modded before needing a new fuel pump.

·
Registered
130 Posts
it's one thing to have the pressure there, it's another to have the fuel in the right places, and that can only be set with a Mini-AFC or ICCU.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm hitting the point right now where I don't quite understand what to do in terms of fueling. I've read on other forums about guys who put out an excess of 20psi with their turbos. The problem is that my CSC demands the fuel as the RPMs climb so I initially put in a Boost a Pump as a solution. Well that works up to my 16psi (3.6" pulley) but now I see that my 3.4" pulley is only good until the end of 2nd gear. My last run was great up until I hit then end of 2nd and my fuel pump couldn't keep up. 3rd gear was very lean .840's and I got not power from it. I read that some guys went with the Walbro and Boost a pump combo as a solution and claimed it worked well.

Anyone else have any luck with a combo like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts