3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the "real world" benefits of installing a Fuel Pump Hot-Wire Kit? Are the benefits noticeable or more "theoretical"?

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are looking for real world results here is an example. Myself and JDredd both have very similiar setups. (Stage 1x cams and 3.0 pulley with supporting mods) I had a hot-wire kit and he didnt. He ran into fueling problems and I was fine. He then installed the hotwire kit and now he no longer has fueling problems...

"Real world testing shows increase of 2-3 psi max fuel pressure. Stock injectors usually fall off in the 310-320WHP range, 42#'s around 340-360. This kit increases those numbers by about 10%. This of course depends on the year of your car and many other factors but that gives you an idea of what to expect. "

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are these kits available for the 04's yet?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I used the Casper's kit. You may or may not need it. I used to battle inconsistant 02's at the track, and had a hell of a time dialing it in. After the upgrade, I noticed much better consistancy. Any GP should do ground wire upgrades and such anyway, I'd do as much to keep the electrical up to snuff first to see if you need it. Then go for the FP wire upgrade kits.

·
Registered
130 Posts
all I really have to do left is a better battery ground. i already did the alt. wire upgrade. my problem is that i'm see lower than usual FP, and i'm going to check the voltage at the pump to confirm.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ron what do you recomend in the way of grounding the GPs?

I have the caspers Fuel pump kit and I love it. i was getting tons of KR when i would flash the converter. Basicly making it go lean and added the kit and that all went away. i am very happy with the kit and its very easy to install.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's pretty basic sounding, but...

I cleaned up the frame to ground connector on the body first. Then added a ground wire that attaches to that and to one of the heads, then another that attaches from that point to the other head. It was amazing to me how much my idle smoothed out at the time, and my headlights got brighter. Got the ground wires at the local Pep boys. I routed it between the idler pulleys, but a longer length can get to the front engine mount/coil holder, which also goes into the head.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Interesting. What gauge wire? Any pics?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds crazy, but I heard this from some of the "import" guys. I have always been skeptical about improving the ground, improves the motor.

Sounds like I am the one who should have been listening.

Is the FP rewire another one of those recommended mods for going higher in the HP?? Or is there any validity that it should be done??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I agree Steve i have seen many imports doing this. Dont know how gospel it is but they all seem to do it.

As for do you need it when you go higher in teh HP, i would say so. The one from Caspers bypasses the fuel pump resistor and added thicker gauge wire from the pump to the relay over the stock wire. Also if you go to a 2 pump setup, caspers has a wiring kit for that as well. i think the FP wiring kits ore more of those mods that are good insurance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts