3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some generic line I can buy or pull from another car that will attach to the regulator's port. I'm swapping a 3800NA into a fiero and I'm relocating the purge solenoid and as a result I need extra length of line.
I also had the thought of splitting the line in the middle and sliding both ends into a slightly larger length hose to extend. Suggestions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
681 Posts
#1 - it's a pretty common size, 5/32-3/16" or so, I think. The Dorman section of any parts store has a ~$7 multi-pack with vacuum elbows and tees that can work for you.

#2 - why are you keeping the purge solenoid? (there's about 3 posts here in the last month or so where I explain my point... especially in a custom swap that will never trigger it with traction control, etc.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The person whose build I followed alongside and a few other who have done it advised keeping it. It gets routed into the Fiero's stock charcoal canister and doing the delete leaves the questions of what to do with gas vapors just venting into the air as I keep the car in a garage. So the goal isn't really for the purpose of the 3800's system its retaining the Fiero's system.

·
Super Moderator
681 Posts
Ok, well that's separate from anything you mentioned in the first post, and both things can be accomplished.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts