3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, been trying to figure this one out for about a week now. When I key the car to "on" or start the car, my gas guage pegs at full and then after a period of time will go to dead empty.

Pertanant information
1999 Grand Prix GT w/ L67 swap
Custom DHP PCM

Last week this took about 45 seconds to a minute after key on for it to drop to empty, now when checking it today it does it almost instantly.

Here is what I have either replaced, checked or what not.

Replaced Fuel Level Sending unit with a known good part. Range tested out on the DMM to be from about 35ohms empty to 225 ohms full. Good enough for me. In tank resistance was about 155 ohms, which should be about 3/4 tank of gas, and that correlates with me knowing I do have about 3/4 tank of gas. Issues stayed.

Replaced IP Cluster with a known good part. Issue not resolved.

Checked continuity from PCM to sender using C2 69 and C2 35 (clear connector on PCM) as my testing points after talking with Digital Ken. I pulled up about 158 ohms. I figured 3 ohms more resistance due to the wiring seemed about appropriate.

Swapped PCMs from one Custom DHP to another Custom DHP I have around. That made no difference.

Checked connection at the Oval connector by the strut tower, no apparent issues there.

If anyone has some ideas on this I would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok... Tim I love you. ;)

But now my MAP is "backwards" as far as the connector goes. WTF. Going to go check out my MAP signal and see what happens

EDIT: MAP connector is backwards as far as connecting the thing goes.... I think I need to talk to Caspers about this harness for my swap.... UGH.

Anyhow Tim, dood I OWE YOU SOME BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was SO going to say this too... Jamie's swap had the same problem.. the wires were backwards in our extension :)

Glad you got it working bud!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts