3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very new to this forum and discovering this great little motor, I plan on build a Ferio with 3800 SC FRD one day but I have a couple S-10s 99 & 2001. The FRD version to be a lot more plentiful from what I’ve seen with the SC, would the FRD version bolt up to my 4cyl 4l60e transmission? I also have V-6 4 wheel drive version that gets terrible fuel economy I’d like to swap if possible with that transmission. Any response would be truly appreciate, thanks

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Do you mean FWD (front wheel drive)?

Yes, the bolt pattern for the FWD V6's was used for a version of the 4L60e's (looks more like a trapezoid shape with 2 bolts flat across top, instead of V8 Chevy pattern with circular pattern with single bolt at 12 o'clock (when there).

Base a 4L60 build off Camaro/Firebird 3800 for simplest efforts, but you'll definitely need to browse around for wiring and parts details. The info is scattered around all the old sites, you just need to find the golden nuggets buried in the discussions and such.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean FWD (front wheel drive)?

Yes, the bolt pattern for the FWD V6's was used for a version of the 4L60e's (looks more like a trapezoid shape with 2 bolts flat across top, instead of V8 Chevy pattern with circular pattern with single bolt at 12 o'clock (when there).

Base a 4L60 build off Camaro/Firebird 3800 for simplest efforts, but you'll definitely need to browse around for wiring and parts details. The info is scattered around all the old sites, you just need to find the golden nuggets buried in the discussions and such.
Thanks for the input, I’m excited because theses S-10s 6 or 4 cylinder are gutless and eventually I’m looking forward to Feiro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts