3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forum Guidelines Keeps It Respectable

I just wanted to express my appreciation for the way you have the forum set up. I don't belong to a lot of forums but I do visit some occasionally. Most of them let you get away with almost anything. Now I'm usaully not a fan of authority or censorship, but I now understand why it is needed. Some of the forums I visit, even ones unrelated to cars, have really gotten out of hand. The members constantly belittle and insult each other and very rairly offer good or helpfull advice. They attack at the slightest mistake or misinfomation listed in a thread and do so very immaturely. At first I was a little disappointed about the "no street racing stories" policy but after reading a few I'm glad. While it might be fun to hear how someone smoked a tuff a** in a mustang or riced out honda, a lot of these stories turn to bullsh*t really fast. Half of them sound made up or exaggerated, and are almost comical to read. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in with my thoughts because I got fed up today with some of the other forums I visited and it made me appreciate what you've done hear.("does that sound gay?"... quote from the movie The New Guy) :D Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank You Frank!!

As a moderator, I can say that I am not always a popular guy, but I will do what it takes to keep this forum useful! The thought behind this forum was to keep it professional and useful for the community. We want this to be a useful tool to everyone and you should not have to go through 50 pages of BS to find what you really want. :mad:

I am not for censorship at all, but people can say the same thing and be deleted, or be rational and make their case and let it be known to the rest of us. I treat violations of the rules the same, whether if comes from a sponsor or a non-sponsor and try to be as fair as possible. As has been said may times before, I do not care who it is, if your causing a problem, you get deleted! ;)

I have learned so much from this forum, I hope that everyone else has as well!

THANK YOU 3800Tech.com Members for keeping it civilized and professional! ;) :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Its great to hear that. As a moderator of the forum its quite motivating to hear that people appreciate the extra efforts we take to provide the most information possible to the 3800 community. Thank you for your support!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hopefully a lot more will notice the good points to this forum. We already have a wealth of knowledgable people to provide information. I hope this particular forum will stimulate a little chat about the automotive industry and provide a place to exchange interesting ideas too and catch the questions where people want high visibility for their problems.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This site truly is more respectful than any other site I'm on, and far more useful since it's geared specifically towards tech rather than AAG, racing stories, etc. Keep up the great work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts