3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in upgrading my flexplate while the motor is out but I want to retain my 258mm L67 converter as its been upgraded rather than switching to an aftermarket 245mm unit, which Intense and ZZP seem to require to use their flexplates.

What's a fella to do? :confused:

PS are L32 flexplates stronger by any chance?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Might it be possible to have one of the aftermarket (ZZP or Intense) redrilled by a machine shop to match your bolt pattern?

·
Banned
165 Posts
L32 flexplates are not any better or stronger than L67, they are identical.

If I may ask, why would you want to retain the stock converter?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the L32 info Chris. :(

My 258mm converter is a performance rebuild from my tranny guy, I'm his GTP guinea pig of sorts. I think he'd cry if I replaced it :)

·
Banned
165 Posts
Gotcha.

Any good machinest shouldn't have a problem drilling the 258mm converter bolt circle in our flexplate. As long as it's done with care, you will not have a problem. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True but I like it when the company does it for me so if there's any troubles with their flexplate they won't say "oh you modified it so tough luck". Not that Intense or any 3800 company has pulled/would pull that on me, but since I kinda feel those holes should be drilled anyhow since not everyone will be running the Intense TC I think that's just being a smart customer. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts