3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a 1995 Buick Park Avenue as my first project car and got a sweet deal, I paid $500 for the car, there is no rust on the car 100% rust free with flawless leather interior, carpet is a little dirty, been sitting in the shade behind a garage for 3 years, the only things this car needs is...

1. Harmonic Balancer
2. Taillight Bulbs
3. Brake Pads
4. Battery

Should I change out all of the fluids?

And what should I do about the old gas, I've heard mixing new gas would work, but others have told me that I should drain it completely and then refill it with new, If I don't have to do that then I don't want to the tank is over 3/4 of the way full.

Any help you guys have would be great thanks!

Hughes1911

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The Park Ave's are great cars, I own a 96' Naturally Aspirated and I love it.

One thing that I'd consider replacing is the lower intake manifold gasket, they are known to fail, and can cause catastrophic engine failure if coolant gets into the cylinders.
If it already has an aluminum framed LIM Gasket then it should not need to be replaced, I am betting it does need replacing though.
LIM Gasket PN is FEL-PRO Part # MS98014T
You'll also need a gasket kit for the upper intake manifold. DORMAN Part # 615207

I'd change all fluids since it sat that long, you'll need to change the oil when doing the LIM Job anyway, so changing that gasket before the fluid change would be best.

If the gas has sat in it that long I'd have it all drained, not sure the easiest way to do that, maybe a good electronic siphon.

NOTE: I have a thread that I posted here when I did the UIM/LIM on my 96', I can get the link for you if you decide to take this job on yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts