3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Fiero GT with an L32 swap. The previous owner that did the swap looks like they got most of it completed, but then stopped. It has the wiring going back to the cruise control location, but I had to get the servo and hook up vacuum. Is there an easy way to check if there is any power getting to the servo and if the set button is sending a signal?

·
Registered
839 Posts
the L32 DBW PCM does not use a cruise control module.

im going to guess the engine is a SIII and your using a SII 97-03 harness and pcm?
i honeslt cant rememmber if the cruise module is on the serial bus but i swear they are controlled by the BCM and retrieving VSS from the pcm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the L32 DBW PCM does not use a cruise control module.

im going to guess the engine is a SIII and your using a SII 97-03 harness and pcm?
i honeslt cant rememmber if the cruise module is on the serial bus but i swear they are controlled by the BCM and retrieving VSS from the pcm
Yes, the previous owner set it up with a 2007 GP GT L32 but used a 2003 Lasabre wiring harness.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it's anything like the '99-'02 F-bodies then cruise was just tied into the BCM. That's the bastard SII with DBW though. Do you have the electric throttle and pedal assembly already set-up? I would think it to be easier just to use an L67 throttle and ditch the DBW stuff. Converting to electric pedal and cruise control on a whole bunch of stuff that's not supposed to work with it sounds like an unnecessary burden. All the parts for a cable throttle and vacuum cruise control would be much easier to adapt IMO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's anything like the '99-'02 F-bodies then cruise was just tied into the BCM. That's the bastard SII with DBW though. Do you have the electric throttle and pedal assembly already set-up? I would think it to be easier just to use an L67 throttle and ditch the DBW stuff. Converting to electric pedal and cruise control on a whole bunch of stuff that's not supposed to work with it sounds like an unnecessary burden. All the parts for a cable throttle and vacuum cruise control would be much easier to adapt IMO.
They set it up with a Northstar throttle body to eliminate DBW.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
They mentioned it having a Series 2 harness, so I'm betting it's got a generic L67 tune (classic option is 98 or 99 GTP file). The cruise is tied into the ABS as a check in those cars, so it doesn't stay on while you're hydroplaning, etc. Not totally necessary to keep, but a scanner may have the ability to see the "cruise enabled" signal and can probably check wiring power with a multimeter.

There's a huge amount of archived Fiero swap info on the fiero.nl forums. I can't find it right now, but I believe they have a wiring diagram that may include cruise items.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They mentioned it having a Series 2 harness, so I'm betting it's got a generic L67 tune (classic option is 98 or 99 GTP file). The cruise is tied into the ABS as a check in those cars, so it doesn't stay on while you're hydroplaning, etc. Not totally necessary to keep, but a scanner may have the ability to see the "cruise enabled" signal and can probably check wiring power with a multimeter.

There's a huge amount of archived Fiero swap info on the fiero.nl forums. I can't find it right now, but I believe they have a wiring diagram that may include cruise items.
Thanks for the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts