3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best showing of what this IC has done for the car... but after a LOT of work over a long period of time, we finally got that magical slip!

0.440 RT
1.901 60
5.417 330
8.331 @ 84.69 1/8
10.831 1000
12.946 @ 107.43 1/4

The top end on this thing is just awesome.. almost always gained 23mph in the back.. and had 4 out of the 6 runs at over 107mph. We have a serious issue with our transmission now slipping or something at the top of first.. just holds high revs and slams into gear.. oh well, thus is power :D

I can't say enough about the IC, it's awesome. Test drive after install showed 0KR on the 2.8 with 20 degrees of adv. We still have some tune issues with the 42.5's an the computers fetish with pulling fuel... even if I set the afc to 105 it only gives 910 02's.. setting it according to LTFT's nets a car that runs like poo poo... so we tuned it by pants and were consistant all day.

At any rate, I'm glad we finally have the slip, and know without the trans issue .. it seriously hangs for over half a second.. we will be golden. I like the sound of 12's on a bad day :)

Thanks for reading.. I can't wait to get a 2.6 on this thing!!! Wish we could have done a better job of showing the IC's strengths.. but I'd say a 106 trap as the worst of the day isn't doing too bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

As an update to the situation, as it usually goes, we found the reason why the car wasn't as strong as we had hoped *107+ traps are awesome IMO but it DID feel better before* . We pulled out her 02 and replaced the Bosch one that was in there with a different factory one... OMG!!!! Feels like another 30hp! 02's are finally over 910 *930-40* and full timing without any blips of KR at all, feels SOOOOOOOO strong now.. burned the tires in second gear at 40.

SO, we are going to take ONE more stab at the track this Saturday as our last outing this year. Going to stick with the 2.8 for now as I know we just found a lot more power out of it as it is. I predict we can hit 109-10 traps, what ET depends on how well we can launch :p 1.90 is the best we ever were able to get.

So anyway, we are thrilled, love this IC!!! Anyway, thanks again for the gratz. Hopefully we will have another PB post soon!

Yes.. L67 swap, 99' motor, 02' transmission, 01 GT :eek: :D

Power mods:
XP Cam
Custom DHP 20* timing
INTENSE Intercooler production #001
SLP headers
2.8 INTENSE Modular system
STOCK Exhaust !res !cat
STOCK Heads
STOCK Blower
STOCK TB
Misc things like tstat, etc

·
Vendor
900 Posts
.. L67 swap, 99' motor, 02' transmission, 01 GT
sounds like a Morad powered Mutt!! ;) :p :D

get the package I sent yesterday?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ed, UPS doesn't get here for a bit yet.. but I'm sure it will be here shortly :) Thanks!

Thanks guys.. it's been a long road, as you all know :) Can't wait until Saturday!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
50/50 mix right now.. it's getting pretty cold here. Wasn't sure what ratio to use so we just did 50/50 :)

Thanks for the gratz.. Each day that goes by it's feeling stronger with the new 02.. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
BoogieQ said:
Thanks guys!

Yes.. L67 swap, 99' motor, 02' transmission, 01 GT :eek: :D

Power mods:
XP Cam
Custom DHP 20* timing
INTENSE Intercooler production #001
SLP headers
2.8 INTENSE Modular system
STOCK Exhaust !res !cat
STOCK Heads
STOCK Blower
STOCK TB
Misc things like tstat, etc

so this is your SSEi? or the GT burns out in 2nd gear at 40? how do you keep it from downshifting? I can burn 2nd at 50mph wot in 2nd gear to about 70mph but its gotta be about 40 out or below to make enough power for that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's an 01 GT, not my ssei, mine ssei can do that too but the tires are bald :p

We have 3.29 gears.. 40 is past the downshift point.. i roll on the throttle till 40 then mash the rest of the way and up they went.. I was impressed.. seeing as this is the fastest car I've had the privlage to drive myself. Anyway.. we are off to WI, talk to yall later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.