3800Pro Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I broke down and just bought credits for the 2000 Century 3100 ECM, did a write entire of my Camaro file, and all was good.... other than the EPA possibly knowing that I did it.

HPTuners forced me to update my software, upload new drivers for my MPVI2, and take an emissions training course. Hot rodding is about to get very difficult and expensive if we keep going in this direction.

but I digress. The test drive went very well, and I look forward to the possibility of getting this thing retuned with knock retard re-enabled. I'll also install new sensors to the L67 torque spec since I've learned that it's a bit looser.

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Nah, we'll be fine. The main focus is on new stuff, because the OEM's want to keep us from improving old product and put their fingers on the scale. 2020+ GM's use their 4G to phone home frequently and re-flash to stock if they sense changes... That's not mandated by anyone but bosses in Detroit.

Keep tinkering with your old iron as long as possible, and just buy newer stuff for clean daily use when needed. That's my approach now.

Not sure what knock sensor specs are from the 1-2x I ever had to swap for broken plug, but I probably used the German spec of Goodentight without going too hard, as long as the water jacket was sealed back up. It's just required to have solid coupling to the block for the vibration to translate.

Reactions: Quick86
41 - 42 of 42 Posts