3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a factory 5 button dtc in my 04 grandprix gtp. I cant get the boost gauge to work. It came from a 05. I have replaced the solinod. Actuator the map sensor is ok as no codes and the borometer sensor is hooled up. And still nothing. Any help please. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
I'd have to look at what inputs it used for each year, but it might have a different signal through the serial connection, or a slightly different signal input. I haven't logged into service manuals in a while, so it'll be a bit (and I'm outside most of today).

I know I can't scan/tune 05+ with my old DHP due to a change in PCM protocols or something similar.

As I've mentioned a few times recently, just because things bolt-up between different years/models of these cars, doesn't mean it's always going to work together just right. Hopefully, this one's a simple enough tweak to work, but we'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to look at what inputs it used for each year, but it might have a different signal through the serial connection, or a slightly different signal input. I haven't logged into service manuals in a while, so it'll be a bit (and I'm outside most of today).

I know I can't scan/tune 05+ with my old DHP due to a change in PCM protocols or something similar.

As I've mentioned a few times recently, just because things bolt-up between different years/models of these cars, doesn't mean it's always going to work together just right. Hopefully, this one's a simple enough tweak to work, but we'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts