3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

This is a pic of my 32 Hudson Essex Streetrod chassis. In the pic, you can see the 90 degree elbow for the throttle body I made. I've put approx 2000 miles on the car with this setup. This system seems to work ok as is, but I would like to take a spare upper intake manifold, and modify it to accept the throttle body on top, similar to a carb. I would block off the original mounting port, as required. My plan is to use a throttle body from a 2000 Park Ave, because it has the built in idle air circuit. This would fill the engine bay better, and possibly improve intake flow. Any comments? Thanks................

Reactions: Quick86

·
Administrator
1,036 Posts
Hop on Australian eBay and get a Holden intake manifold. They look like a hi-ram or Edelbrock style runner setup, and you can do something custom on the top end.

It requires the RWD style alternator bracket and heater core connections (or plug them).

You can come up with any kind of custom top, instead of the factory one, too. A few guys with imagination have done cool things...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Dez, Thanks for the comeback and advice on the Ausie Holden manifolds. I was in Australia about 8 years ago, but had not started this project yet. Anyway, I am or was a machinist, and have the ability to do the mods similar to the common top log manifold in the second pic. My plan is to do just that, but running the throttle body vertical. I had some people advise me that the intake balance would be way off, and I'd burn valves, or pop pistons. I ran the modified version in my post several years and it seems to be just fine. I have to admit though that the engine is basicly a stock NA version with homemade headers and no cat. Also the evap valve system is not installed.I'm also not real hard on the car. My intension is to clean up the installation, and create a more conventional hotrod appearing engine. I'm also prepping for a possible turbo installation at a future date. I will close, saying I wish I had been aware of my future needs when I was down under! I will try to send more recent pics of the car..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

This is a more recent pic of my 32 Hudson Coupe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts