3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering wrapping the crossover pipe on my csc powered L36. I was going to use the DEI kit found on MotorSportsPerformance.com. I have heard rumors that this may cause the exhaust to warp or crack. The explanation I heard is that the heat cannot escape efficiently enough causing the pipe to hold in the heat pressure. Can anyone validate this? or is it just a rumor?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Sounds kinda alarmist to me. Guys have been wrapping headers etc for a long time, no ill effects except for trapping moisture.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't go that route.

The wrap is made of fiberglass and gets all over the engine compartment over time.

I've used ThermoTech's Heat Wrap and High Heat coating and it was a bad mistake. I wish I had just paid the extra money to get the headers coated with Jet Hot.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i had my Xover done with the DEI stuff and never had an issue.. further i know many ppl local to me that cover their headers and xover with no ill effect.
many praise the stuff and recommend it.

jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.