3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
sweet, i am getting the same cam next year, and i will have the same exhaust set up sans the muffler. mine sounds like that now, so i cam wait for that 1x grind!! ^^^^
that's funny i meant "can't"

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice

That does sound really good!

I just did my exhaust with a 2.5 cat back single and flowmaster 50. But I kept my cat and its quieter,...intentionally. I also took out u-bend and s-bend, under suspension straight back to 50. I am very happy with my results too.. I have always liked that flowmaster sound and yours sounds exceptional.

It looks like you kept it a single with dual outlets. Is that correct?

Waiting for next vid :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

maybe if i remember, ill take my camera with me to work tomorrow and get some more video after it a nice 45 minute drive to work.. so its nice and warmed up and idle goes down a little bit...

i'd get some more on the road video but everytime i give it any boost i set off the trac light... at 60mph... no snow or ice, just to damn much salt on the road..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice vids, but you're beating the **** out of it when its cold. Going to blow that engine...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cold? it idle'd for probably 7 minutes before i drove it a mile down the road... i have a 160 stat.. but where the needle is, if i remember right from the logs, its at about 165... no worse then the temps i try to run it at the track... :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Only 7 minutes and driving one mile, the trans would be cold, and Im sure the engine is still a tad cold. I wouldnt run WOT that cold, but thats me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess.. if i blew the engine, i wouldnt miss it... 122k miles and 400+ passes at the track..

i live 1 mile from the highway, so for 4yrs, 5 days a week, i drive and get on the highway and get up to speeds... motor hasnt died yet.. if only the trannys were built as strong as the motor.. :p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
single 3" exhaust will flow better then a dual 3" exhaust.. i could have done 3" to 2.25 pipe.. but this way, i get great flow with only 2 bends in the exhaust, and I also save a few lbs of weight.. 4dr with sunroof, ect.. heavy turd of car.

So right now, my car is all sound and no go...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.