3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
muffler dimensions

tried doing a search on clubgp, but of course it didn't work.....so...anyone who has done their own exhaust system, what was the muffler settings? like the offset and everything? can you use a center inlet/outlet, or do you have to use the center inlet, offset outlet, etc. also the size of the mufflers, etc.

plus if you did get a custom exhaust mention any problems you had with it.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Hey! I had my exhaust custom made and it was no problem. I've got a "Y" piece comming directly off my H.F. Cat (resonator removed) and 2.5" duels right back to my Borlas. I honestly cant remember if the inlet side of the mufflers are offset or centered, but anyone that know's what they're doing with a torch can manufacture to custom fit. FYI, I had no problem running "2" 2.5" pipes right along where the factory pipe ran. If you're interested, I could see about getting a few digital pics for ya to show you how it's run, and hanged, although it might take me a few days.. I was able to use all of the factory hangers. Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If anyone has dimensions for the stock exhaust, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm planning on fabricating a custom catback for the woman soon, but I need the dimensions. Short of pulling hers off, this would be the only way. I only want to pull it off once. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2000 falcon.........thatd be great if you could get some pics.........ive been wantin to do the same. by the way. how does is sound.

thanks

99 gtp

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
:cool: I'll get my hands on a digital camera here shortly and get those to ya, no prob.

I absolutely love the sound! Keep in mind that I have headers, a HF cat and no resonator, but I think the best way to describe the sound with those Borlas would be "Throaty", and very deep. Not sure if I can, but i'll give it a shot at getting a sound clip as well. I suppose I could post it here? Or maybe i'd be able to email it to you.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I just messured the stock mufflers on my '02 and the Borla mufflers on my '98. Both are the complete catbacks and both had 14 inch mufflers.
HTH a little :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
just checking to see if you (2000falcon) had came up with some picts yet and has anyone tried using an single inlet single outlet muffler where the resonator goes and just using 3.5 tips by 16in long where the mufflers go.......if so how did it work? also what about the same set up with a single inlet dual outlet muffler? just curious here. and cat or no cat? i only have a cai for my 99 gtp and soon to have a chip and smaller pulley.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
jbsplus3 said:
just checking to see if you (2000falcon) had came up with some picts yet
Hey! Really sorry for the delay, we got hit with some premature crappy winter weather, and the car's in a warm/dry place at the moment. I was supposed to get those pics on Saturday, but the winter wonderland put a damper on that. Once the roads clear up (they're not expecting the snow to stay), i'll be sure to get the pics and post them here before I lay the car up for the winter. Also working on that sound clip for ya's!

Thanks for your patience,
Ross

1 - 12 of 12 Posts