3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the two other than the electrical connector?

Motor and harness is Series 2 with a Gen V and series 3 fuel rail. Is there any advantage to sticking with the ev6's and replacing the connectors in the harness? Or just run the ev1's in the series 3 rail?

Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
EV1's were just very common for a long time, so there's plenty of aftermarket options to upgrade. The injector will flow whatever it's specified rate (+/- some, which is why flow-matched upgrade sets are usually sold). Just match your harness, if you have the options in-hand for OEM 3800 S/C injectors, since they're basically the same:
Stock 97-03 GTP (Bosch P/N 0280155811) : 33.7 Lb/Hr @ 3.0 bar
Stock 04-05 GTP (Bosch P/N 0280156201) : 33.3 Lb/Hr @ 3.0 bar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, thanks. I should have put in the Op that I have both series 2 & 3 rails and injectors. I will roll with the EV1's. Thanks again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You'd have to get custom to run the Series 3 rail. Either the C5 Vette fuel filter with internal regulator, or add a regulator to the rail system.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cmb-03-0262?rrec=true

I have ran one for 8yrs on my turbo setup with a TIG-welded L67 FPR setup added in, but there's cleaner ways to go (linked above, or in-line -AN setup in the feed line, etc.).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, yeah I was planning on cannibalizing the regulator off the series 2 rail to use. Good info there thanks, I should have added in the Op that this is a Fiero swap. I'll have to look into the c5 filter, thanks again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Fiero friends are the ones that clued me into those, so it makes sense. One less line to route, and I believe it's a 4-bar regulator, so a little extra kick for the injectors. I run the Bosch 4-bar in my rails from 99-03 Audi A4/S4,6,8's for that reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts