3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 95 Buick riviera n/a series 2. it is on its second engine and have put many new parts in it.my problem now is in gear stopped the engine shakes hard. I’ve replaced plugs, wires, coils, all engine/ transmission mounts, harmonic balancer, fuel pump, injectors, basically everything on this car has been replaced. My fuel pressure while running is around 48psi, drops quickly after shutting off. Fuel pressure regulator is dry and in good working order.
I am assuming it is vacuum related, there is a strong vacuum when car is running but when I shut the car off, give it some time and check the lines there is no vacuum pressure built up. All the lines that I could see are in decent shape, I am wondering if someone could help me with this issue I’ve tried allot of different things to resolve this but it’s annoying. Other than rough rpm the car runs and rides nice. Thank you

·
Administrator
959 Posts
You may want to monitor the manifold vacuum and see if the upper intake manifold/plenum is warped/cracked due to heat from the EGR or something else. There's an updated replacement out there that helps this, if so.

Happy hunting.

Reactions: Riv_95
1 - 2 of 2 Posts