3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Got a brand new Jasper series II motor in my 96 camaro. It has been "stumbling" for the last 5 days or so and its getting worse everyday. It only happens when I'm holding speed or accelerating. The problem is magnified when the AC is on.

The engine is not even 3000 mi. old so I can bet on it being a sensor, I just don't have the money to take it to a dealer or pay the price to replace all the sensors.

I have cleaned or replaced: throttle body, spark plugs, wires and all coil packs, egr valve and hoses comming out of it, belt, ac compressor, and a few more.

Advance Auto and Autozone are stumped because the egr was replaced and the car isn't throwing any codes.

HELP:icon_sad:

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
What is your fuel pressure?

·
Registered
251 Posts
well since you cleaned your throttle body did you clean it with the mass airflow sensor in it. If so you might have taken out the mass airflow sensor. Try pulling the connector on the maas flow sensor and see how it runs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cleaned the throttle body when the engine was getting swapped and this problem is just starting now (a month after the fact).

Was on the highway today and decided to see make it "stutter". It did, but when I did it again I had no problems. The same with the 3rd and 4th times.

Now I'm not sure how a fuel pressure regulator works but I'm thinking that it might be getting stuck at times because of how much more power I had after it "stuttered" on the highway. So that is my new hunch.

I do not have the tools to check my fuel pressure.

Any ideas / suggestions?

What more info do you need?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
What are you talking about, thanx for the help anyway??? You were told by Jason to try disconnecting the MAF sensor and drive it. You would have found out then that it was bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts