3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently found a vacuum leak near the brake booster line - the unused accessory cap dry rotted and fell off. After putting a new cap on that vacuum leak, I have an issue with my car starting and stalling shortly after. Only way to keep engine running is to open throttle for a bit then will barely keep running. Car seems to stumble when going from a stop. I'm curious what could cause the engine to not run, could it be MAF, PCV, MAP, IAC Valve? Which is most likely? Anything easy to check or do to see what the problem is?

MAF wires look a little dirty after cleaning - I'm sure this is a cheap MAF sensor that was put in prior. MAF was replaced 8 years ago. Other sensors have not been replaced to my knowledge. New fuel pump and fuel injectors have been put in the past 3 years, and car runs somewhat "ok" with the vac leak.

Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
Ah, lots of people seem to have running issues when the car gets a non-OEM mass airflow sensor. Sometimes they run OK at first and fail later, or they run like poo right away.

Glad you got it going.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad you got it resolved.
For others doing MAF sensor shopping: Hitachi is the original equipment MAF sensor manufacturer.
Many use the Hitachi brand MAF sensors, which typically cost significantly less than the ACDelco labeled MAF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts